Wednesday, March 20, 2013

UPDATE on MONO Buckle Issue...

UPDATE ON MY MONO BUCKLE ISSUE...

As you may recall from my last post, I was having trouble with the buckle (primarily on my right sandal) keeping tensioned and tight during my runs.  This is of course a pain during training runs and could be very problematic during races.

PLEASE NOTE: OPERATOR ERROR!

After several emails back and forth with one particular Monkey (thanks Dylan!) at Luna Sandals and some experimentation, I finally realized that I had the STRAP that traverses my metatarsal plate TOO FAR FORWARD - shoot!

Below is the INCORRECT placement of the buckle for my foot:


So, duh, I moved the buckle back about an inch and now the buckle stays firm and snug.  I ran a quick 8k last night and had no issues.

Below is the CORRECT placement for my foot:



I am extremely confident that this buckle slippage issue is now solved...

Thank you Dylan @ +Luna Sandals.

I know you're probably thinking, "What's with this guy?  He's been wearing LUNAs for four years, he can't get the buckle situated correctly?"  Here's the thing - when your foot becomes accustomed to feeling the buckle positioned a certain way, you are reluctant to change it for fear of an improper fit leading to these sorts of issues on a run.  The MONO felt fine and normal on my foot out of the box and I didn't want to fuss with buckle placement.  I guess I just needed Dylan to be like, "Dude, move the buckle back a bit!"  This is the thrill of being a LUNA Product Tester - trial and error, tweak and re-tweak.  Report findings.  Excelsior!

I will be going out for a long run today to confirm...

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Geez, I must try this! I have a pair of the first ATS's and my buckle is also very close to where the logo is. I dont have an actual problem but the heelstrap part often slip off.

    Cheers,
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Martin,

    Yea, you may have to snug up any excess in the ATS laces and pull it through both sides of the sandal to eliminate the excess, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete